Drawing Challenge with a Twist

1:21 PM

Confinement
Every October, artists all over the world take on the InkTober drawing challenge. One ink drawing a day for the entire month. This challenge was started by artist Jake Parker in 2009. Somehow, I just found out about the challenge today and it's already the middle of the month, so I won't be able to do the entire month, but I still plan on doing sketches for the next 15 days. I'm doing my challenge with a twist. I plan on making my 15 sketches all related to animal welfare and standard factory farming practices.

Gestation Crates are metal enclosures where breeding pigs are kept during their pregnancies. They are pregnant most of their short lived lives so this is pretty much a permanent living situation for them. The enclosure is so tiny that the sows are not able to turn around or even lay down comfortably. The confinement drives them mad and they start gnawing at the metal enclosure, even hurting themselves.

Pigs are incredibly smart creatures and they deserve as much love and respect as any of our four legged companion friends. I hope one day everyone will be able to see that these creatures deserve a better life than this one.

Xo,

Gigi


You Might Also Like

0 comments